Saturday, July 25, 2009

HDR Time Travel

Remember the movie Back to the Future? Today I met a dude who has recreated Doc Brown's DeLorean Time Machine. His car is a work of art, my friends! I mean, this guy is committed! He's owned the DeLorean for 7 years, and spent 3 years just researching it before starting work. I jokingly asked him if he was considering adding some upgrades, such as a trash compactor as an alternate fuel source. He then proceeded to open the trunk and show me the compactor -- exactly like the one from the movie! He just hadn't got around to installing it yet.

Anyway, I spent some time taking a few pictures of his car parked by the side of the road. I figured HDR suited this scene very well. Usually I go for a more subdued HDR result, as I don't like it when HDR looks overdone. But in this case, over the top is exactly what the doctor ordered! I mean, this car can go back in time!!!

Here are a few surreal, UFO looking images of this fantastic car. Click on them for larger versions:


It's even got a glowing flux capacitor, folks.


Unfortunately there was a big ol' SUV parked right behind, so I couldn't get the whole back end in...







For more info about this car visit www.timemachineforhire.com.

- jc

1 comment :

  1. Two of the most important series of shots for HDR-photography are the lightest and the darkest. Removing the darkest is relatively simple, but what can you say about the darkest one?? I've read here https://aurorahdr.com/what-is-hdr-photography that you need to use some special soft.

    ReplyDelete