Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Canada Day Fireworks

Last night I went down to Rouge Beach Park hoping that I would be able to see the massive fireworks display at nearby Kinsmen park. I thought it would make for a unique point of view as also visible from this vantage point is the Pickering nuclear power plant.

I arrived to find that the view of the Kinsmen Park's display was mostly blocked by trees, but I was happy to see many people shooting off their own fireworks. So I set up on the sand to capture some interesting shots.

I've shot fireworks in the past, but I've stuck to the big displays. Last night's shots were, by contrast, very intimate. I was able to include people standing around watching their fireworks go off.  Since these images are all teken in bulb shutter mode, the people in the shots are in silhouette and are blurred from their own motion. I really like the affect as they are lit only by the glare of the shooting fireworks.

A few of my favourites. Click on them for larger versions and to see more fireworks shots.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


 - jc

No comments :

Post a Comment