Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Insects!

Once again, I took my camera armed with my macro lens to my father-in-law's backyard, which is always teeming with wildlife.  I had observed an iridescent blue dragonfly over the past week, so I was hoping to capture it's spectacular colour.  However it proved to be skittish, so I also stalked some other prey when Mr. Blue flew away before I could take his picture.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
And finally, the elusive prize I chased all afternoon settled down and posed for me just as the sun was starting to set.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It's colours are gorgeous!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

 - jc

No comments :

Post a Comment